Things we don’t usually mention
- Mondays are for printed out schedules so we can see what’s ahead this week, month, quarter, at the morning huddle. (Huddle is management speak for having a coffee and not calling it a meeting. We don’t do proper meetings with lists and reports but sometimes we e-mail each other while sitting across desks, and sometimes we just shout into the room.)
- Apropos room: our offices are easily the most gorgeous in Zurich, an old factory it was once, and for five years we swooned looking at it from across the place in our former office, until there was a space for us. In the meantime, the factory got renovated and fancy but it’s still the 5m ceilings that do it for us. We need a space! (And we have it.)
- We’re four sales people and one office manager, so it’s all about getting those films seen.
- We have little laptops and bigger screens on our desks and we’re crazy hysterically backing whatever is not in the ‘clouds’. When traveling, we VPN our way back to Switzerland to go online. Safety first!
- Apropos traveling, we love to take trains, planes, automobiles and sometimes sleighs. Nothing grand ever happened while sitting behind a desk, they say. It’s not entirely true but we do find gems when we go out, and so we keep with Audrey Hepburn: Paris is always a good idea. Or Tromsö, or Incheon, and always Amsterdam.
- Between us, we have a dozen languages, a few children, and a plush anaconda.
- At the office, we have a few plants, that sometimes live, and sometimes look like they don’t. We’re not sure we have green thumbs but we do keep trying! Shan insists there’s always hope, especially for the Orchids Esther dislikes.
- What we also have at the office, and always, are bubbles. We love a reason to open them up, any reason really, so why don’t you come by and we’ll raise a glass to love, life, and happiness, and to smart cookies out there who can tell us stories about them.